Neem is indeed a versatile plant. Literally, every part of a Neem tree can be used for some purpose or the other. But many of its medicinal qualities are used for antibacterial and antifungal problems. Its extracts are infused in soaps and shampoos for dandruff and other skin-based diseases.
Neem leaves have long been used for traditional treatment of diabetes, and in many cases for controlling blood sugar levels. The benefits of Neem leaves are that they can be used as insecticides and pesticides by farmers in the process of organic farming.
Benefits of Neem for the Skin
Since Neem is widely known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, it is used in many skin products.
Here are some of the benefits of neem leaves.
1. Heals permanent scars.
2. Helps fight acne.
3. Helps control oil on the skin.
4. Works as an anti-ageing product.
5. Helps with exfoliation.
6. Treats scalp infections.
Benefits of Neem for the Hair
Not just skin but Neem has been traditionally used for hair products as well. No wonder it is known as the ‘wonder plant.’ Its raw form is still a major cosmetic used in rural India.
Once the oils are extracted and processed, they still are strong enough processed use.
Here are a few benefits of Neem for the hair.
1. Helps get rid of dandruff.
2. Effective against head lice.
3. Helps control hair frizzing.
4. Encourages healthy hair growth.
5. Helps reduce greys.
6. Conditions the scalp.
Medicinal Uses of Neem
Neem is indeed a multipurpose plant. With every part of its tree being used for skin, hair, and health purposes, there is little to no evidence of it healing extreme diseases like cancer. However, there is enough evidence for certain medical issues that can be completely cured as one of the uses of Neem.
These medicinal uses are as follows.
Constant use of Neem gel or liquid for 4-6 weeks on your teeth can reduce dental plaque. Not only does it rid your mouth of plaque, but it also kills all the plaque causing bacteria in the mouth. Many dental medications have Neem extracts or oils in them.
The Neem bark works wonders with ulcers. Since it kills bacteria, stomach and intestine ulcers stand no chance when you use the Neem bark as medication.
Almost all Psoriasis treatments have some or the other Neem oils or extracts in them. Generally, Neem oil works wonders for such scalp diseases.
Other neem tree uses are as follows:
o As diabetes medication
o Birth control
o For head lice
o For malaria
o Anti-inflammatory medication
o To treat worms
INGREDIENTS AND ITS ACTION
Neem Medicinal Properties
The diseases seem to have a Neem based cure. These cures are actually possible because of the medicinal properties of Neem.
Here are the following neem properties.
1. Immunostimulant – Helps improve the immune system.
2. Hypoglycemic properties – The characteristics that help control sugar levels.
3. Antiulcer properties – Helps reduce ulcer bacteria.
4. Antifertility – Works as a contraceptive.
5. Antimalarial – Fights malaria viruses.
6. Antibacterial – Fights bacteria and works as an antiseptic as well.
7. Antifungal – Helps prevent fungal infection on the skin.
8. Anticancer – Prevents the growth of cancer cells.
9. Insecticide properties – Works like a pesticide.